Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dangerfish

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 28, 2007
Hey Guys,

I am running a Rev A Macbook Air. I performed a software update today on all of my Macs and only the Air is having problems. Nothing but Kernel panics telling me to restart. I tried booting into safe mode, single user mode, reset the PRAM, tried to reinstall via remote disk. I get nothing but Kernel panics. Any thoughts?

wetrix

macrumors 6502
Dec 1, 2006
Auckland, New Zealand
My girlfriend's mum had this problem the other day with her 3,1 macbook after updating from 10.5.6 to 10.5.8 along with a bunch of other updates. It would just boot into a KP. I ended up having to image the drive followed by a clean reinstall.

dangerfish

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 28, 2007
How did you reinstall? I dont have the dvd drive that goes with it. I have always only used remote install for iLife updates.

dangerfish

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 28, 2007
Thanks! I tried that once and it didnt give me the option to remote install. Tried it again and was able to do an archive and install.

colourfastt

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2009
I had the same thing .. bought an Air yesterday and was installing the update and it kernal panic'd. Took it back the the Apple store and they did a complete erase and install. No problems since.

andrew8404

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2009
Loma Linda, Ca
My roommate had that problem on his unibody Macbook he got last year. We took it to the genius bar and they ended up replacing the whole computer for him cause it was that bad. I guess the Logic Board and Screen was all messed up. It was kind of funny cause the Genius guys were like wow check this out because it was pretty bad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.