Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jonat8

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 17, 2004
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've just bought an external keyboard to use when my PB is sitting on my iCurve and it's a Windows keyboard (can't complain for 4 pounds though!) Anyway some of the keys are messed up, for instance the pound symbol when pressed puts a # on the screen. I'd also like to move the Command key which is currently assigned to the Windows key to the Alt key next to it as it feels more natural.

Is there any way to do this? I looked in Keyboard & Mouse in System Preferences but couldn't see a way to change individual keys to something else.

And the other thing is the F1-12 keys don't perform the same function as the ones on the PB's keyboard, i.e. volume and what not (they just do nothing) and I would really like this feature back, any way of restoring it?

Thanks in advance for any help :)
J.

jonat8

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 17, 2004
United Kingdom
Well I sort of solved it ;) I bought an Apple Bluetooth Keyboard and that does everything I want it to and feels sooo much nicer than the one I bought for 4 pounds yesterday.

Now... anyone want a cheap keyboard ;)

EDIT: Wow. I'm in love with this Apple Wireless Keyboard, it's brilliant!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.