Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

istvan60

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 17, 2020
Hi everyone!

I know there is another thread dealing with the trackpad issue, but in my case its trackpad click and/or keyboard input.
Totally irregularly the keyboard and/or the becomes unresponsive and only starts to work after I switch to another app, regardless of these being native MAC apps or not.

In this video (also attached) you can see what's happening when I am chatting with Apple support about the issue.
I tried the following which did not help
  • SMC reset
  • reinstall
  • run diagnostics (no error)
  • update to MacOS 12.1 (the error occurred in the prev. version as well)
  • not running any apps
  • disconnecting the peripherals
  • took the MBP to an Apple service provider, they did not find any HW issue
The cherry on top that the issue even occurred at the log-in screen when I tried to provide my password.

Any ideas on what may cause the problem?
Anyone else having a similar issue?

Thanks guys!

István

istvan60

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 17, 2020
Hi Everyone!

I have found the source of the problem, but no solution yet. You should notice the "Passwords..." pop-up window in the bottom left corner of the screen. That is what pops up and blocks the keyboard and clicking of the mouse. It's as if another app would be open that requires attention and freezes all other actions.

I am still struggling to find the source, since it comes up even when all apps are closed.
Any ideas anyone?

1640686242715.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.