Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

len303

macrumors newbie
Mar 10, 2010
London
Last edited:
Reactions: bobob

prestoshopper

macrumors newbie
Aug 6, 2015
Notification

Did anyone figure this out? I'm getting a "Keyboard Batteries Low" notification every day and I have a WIRED keyboard!! What the heck? Would love to be able to turn off the annoying notification that doesn't apply to my iMac... It only started appearing a month or so ago. I wonder if this is Apple's way of saying, "upgrade your Mac already!"...

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
That would have to be a wireless device.
Open your Bluetooth pref pane, and delete any devices listed in that pane.

Cryptoraptor

macrumors newbie
Dec 16, 2013
I don't know how to turn it off. One thing I notice is that in Mountain Lion, the battery low reminder will come up when the battery drops below 10%. In Mavericks, the threshold seems to go higher.
[doublepost=1472839284][/doublepost]In El Capitan, I get the plaintive alerts when the keyboard batteries drop below 90% charge!

From now on I'll run them until they drop, but I sure wish I could avoid those galling warnings.

Cryptoraptor

macrumors newbie
Dec 16, 2013
I never noticed it in systems before Mavericks, but is there a way to turn off the "Keyboard Batteries Low" notification?

Sure, you can click on the "Close" box on the notification, but it comes right back on in 5 minutes.

I appreciate the heads up, but I do not need to know continuously on my desktop from weeks before the actual battery change that there is 18%... 18%... 18%... 17%...

I am getting those warning in El Capitan also. As well as VERY frequent inabilities to paste copied text.

bobob

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 11, 2008
I suppose it's likely a bit early to ask, but does anyone know if the just launched SierraMac OS has a way to disable the Keyboard Batteries Low notification? Having an older iMac, I don't usually rush to update my system till a couple tweaks later, but this might be the motivation that converts me into an early upgrader!

bobob

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 11, 2008
Preferences->Notifications->Do not disturb, set on.
Works for me...
Thank-you, that is a solution.

(Though a little more granular control would be welcome - this global preference is a bit like using a sledgehammer to kill a fruit fly.)

koden

macrumors member
Feb 13, 2016
I also get battery notifications and update notifications.
Disturb not can be used but only to next day.

Is'nt it possible to get rid of any kinds of notifications?
I don't need them!!!

Please don't advice me about change batterys.
Not a issue... notifications is a issue... :)

brank87

macrumors newbie
Feb 23, 2022
It's been almost 8 years since this thread was started... and I'm still having to dismiss the stupid notif a couple of times a day ?.
Has anyone realized a way of deactivating it w a terminal command or smt?

- Will replace batteries when they are actually low, maybe in 2 months...
- Don't want to use do not disturb

?

rdiiorio

macrumors newbie
Jan 22, 2014
It's been almost 8 years since this thread was started... and I'm still having to dismiss the stupid notif a couple of times a day ?.
Has anyone realized a way of deactivating it w a terminal command or smt?

- Will replace batteries when they are actually low, maybe in 2 months...
- Don't want to use do not disturb

?

f54da

macrumors 6502
Dec 22, 2021
Notification is done by /Library/Application Support/Apple/BezelServices/IOAppleBluetoothHIDDriver.plugin. You could probably mess around with the info.plist actions there.

Also I've got to add that the architecture of this is really weird. Normal OS reserve battery notification is handled by SystemUIServer, so you'd expect that to also handle bluetooth low battery notification, especially since bluetooth extra already has the exact code for this. But no apparently not...

Reactions: bobob
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.