Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

crazyeyes

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 5, 2005
Easton PA
Hi guys I didn't see a topic like this in my search and I know there are lots of topics about keyboard cases. But I am wondering should I just buy a keyboard case or just use the wireless apple keyboard that I have? I don't like the bulk a keyboard case adds to the iPad and wouldn't use it all the time, only when sending emails at work mainly. So I feel like I could just leave my wireless keyboard at work and use that and not have the bulk of the keyboard case.

I'm just curious if you guys think the bulk of the keyboard case is worth it and you end up using it more than you think?

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
Personally, I went with a bluetooth keyboard (this one) and a small stand (this one) rather than a case. I figured if I ever were to get a new iPad down the line, I wouldn't want to have to buy a new case and I could just continue using the BT keyboard and stand to save money...because the keyboard cases can be expensive.

sparksd

macrumors G3
Jun 7, 2015
Seattle WA
Personally, I went with a bluetooth keyboard (this one) and a small stand (this one) rather than a case. I figured if I ever were to get a new iPad down the line, I wouldn't want to have to buy a new case and I could just continue using the BT keyboard and stand to save money...because the keyboard cases can be expensive.

Same here. I can use the same stand and Bluetooth keyboard with my Air 2, Nexus 7, and Galaxy Note 4.

meiusermanme

Suspended
Jun 27, 2015
A friend from work is using the New Trent Airbender 1.0 Wireless Bluetooth Clamshell iPad Keyboard Case and it seems to work very nice for him. I remember he was very excited when he first started using it. Personally I don't need a keyboard case or a wireless keyboard but I tend to prefer a keyboard and not a case. This is the one my friend has:
6113gbd7ORL._SL300_.jpg

tsevince

macrumors regular
May 19, 2015
Since you already own the apple wireless keyboard this should go great with it.

http://www.amazon.com/Incase-Origam...p/B004X355Y6/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top?ie=UTF8

Depends if you're be predominantly using the iPad as a workstation, then get the keyboard case as it's always with you. Another option which I've reviewed and really loved because it didn't get in the way, is the Moshi VersaKeyboard, you can watch my review here:

Otherwise, as quoted, the Incase is great if you casually plan to use a keyboard with your iPad, it helps with carrying it around and offers a stand when you need it, but doesn't restrict your iPad being an iPad.

ecschwarz

macrumors 65816
Jun 28, 2010
I like the Apple Wireless Keyboard mostly because i can keep my iPad slim when I don't need it. Otherwise, I keep it in an Incase Origami case and both fit in a bag quite easily. The nice thing vs keyboard cases is that it also has outlasted 3 iPads.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.