Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dlewis23

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 23, 2007
Is anyone else noticing that the keyboard click sounds on the iPhone 7 are much lower then the sound on a iPhone 6s running iOS 10?

I have my 7 Plus next to my 6s Plus and I can hardly hear the keyboard click or phone dialer sound on my 7 Plus but on my 6s Plus have no problem. Its at least twice as loud on the 6s Plus vs the 7 Plus.

The volume is up all the way on both devices.

Reactions: bgrace

33man

macrumors 6502
Sep 27, 2011
Is anyone else noticing that the keyboard click sounds on the iPhone 7 are much lower then the sound on a iPhone 6s running iOS 10?

I have my 7 Plus next to my 6s Plus and I can hardly hear the keyboard click or phone dialer sound on my 7 Plus but on my 6s Plus have no problem. Its at least twice as loud on the 6s Plus vs the 7 Plus.

The volume is up all the way on both devices.

Yep same here. I found the volume low on the keyboard event if the volume is at the Max. On my iPhone 6 I feel the volume is louder.

Aibocyrus

macrumors 6502a
May 26, 2015
Orlando, FL
Everyone is having all these problems. I'm genuinely curious if these are defects or if I'm just not as critical? I don't mean that in a bad way. I personally just am not having any issues.

Reactions: sdwaltz

foxconn

Suspended
Sep 6, 2016
this isn't an issue with the iPhone 7.

max volume in iOS 10 on my 6S keyboard sounds are low.

it might be done by design.

personally i've forgotten about keyboard clicks.. had them off for years.

Reactions: udontno

Barrett85

macrumors regular
Dec 9, 2015
I noticed the same thing when I upgraded from the 6s, now on the 7 plus. I did reset settings, and now keyboard noise is just as loud as it was on my 6s. I know this doesn't fix a lot of problems, but it did help with a few things I was dealing with :) worth a try

spazma7ik

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2009
I'm fairly certain it was a design choice. Loud enough for you to hear them but not quite loud enough to guarantee to piss off people around you.

dlewis23

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 23, 2007
this isn't an issue with the iPhone 7.

max volume in iOS 10 on my 6S keyboard sounds are low.

it might be done by design.

personally i've forgotten about keyboard clicks.. had them off for years.

Yes it is because I have a iPhone 6s Plus right next to me iPhone 7 and the volume is twice as loud on the 6s vs the 7. And this is not just the keyboard it does go into other system sounds like the lock sound.

I'm fairly certain it was a design choice. Loud enough for you to hear them but not quite loud enough to guarantee to piss off people around you.

No its not. If it was it would be the same as it is on a iPhone 6s.

I made a quick video showing the difference.

shadedred

macrumors member
Feb 5, 2009
Same issue here... seems like a bug, mine is barely audible - much lower than the video. iPhone 7 Plus

MichaelMidnight

macrumors 6502
Feb 20, 2008
Los Angeles
Has anyone noticed how the keyboard click sounds on the iPhone 7 Plus sounds somewhat diminished than say the iPhone 6s Plus? I can't seem to find a setting to alter the volume but just disable. Not sure if it's just me or if it's affecting others. I mean the sound is great and loud and better than last year's model but man, I sure miss really hearing my keyboard clicks...

Shark5150

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2014
Dallas, Texas
Most complained that the keyboard clicks were too loud in previous iterations of iOS. Can't please everyone I guess. Maybe Apple should have allowed volume controls.

jterp7

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2011
It wasn't that it was loud per say, but there were random volume explosions while typing so a lot of people just turned it off

numb3rmonkey

macrumors regular
Mar 15, 2012
Dallas, TX
It wasn't that it was loud per say, but there were random volume explosions while typing so a lot of people just turned it off

This still occurs. Blame the iMessage buddy who likes to send his or her thoughts broken up into consecutive messages rather than one complete thought in a single message.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.