Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tensakun

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 21, 2008
Akashi, Japan
Anyone planning to get a keyboard cover for the new MBP 13" w/touchbar? Have been using them for my past few Mac laptops, and like the bounciness in addition to protection against spills. Wondering whether the springiness these covers provide would mitigate the new keyboard's low 'travel.' Or would even a very close fitting cover, like KB Covers or Moshi, pose a threat to the display in such a tight body?

negroswamy

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2014
ya i am worried about spills...those covers have saved me a few times...i was thinking even a flat silicone sheet that covers everything except the touch bar should work too since i heard the keys are flush with the surface...do these things even exist for the 12" macbook? cuz if so, then im sure they will make em for the new boys

Tensakun

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 21, 2008
Akashi, Japan
ya i am worried about spills...those covers have saved me a few times...i was thinking even a flat silicone sheet that covers everything except the touch bar should work too since i heard the keys are flush with the surface...do these things even exist for the 12" macbook? cuz if so, then im sure they will make em for the new boys

Good point. At KB Covers site I found this:
http://kbcovers.com/clear-transparent-keyboard-cover/
which listed the 12" Retina MB

But couldn't find it on the long list of available sizes at Moshi.

These are the only brands I've used in recent years, though several companies sell them. The new MBP with touchbar will obviously take a special design, so it may be a while before one's out. Might also take me a while to pull the trigger on this high-priced MBP...

Reactions: negroswamy
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.