Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

riley_undefined

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 15, 2022
norway
hi - so i have a late 2019 macbook pro and i recently found the keycap for the left arrow key came off. while trying to get it back on i ripped off the actual switch that holds it in place. i have lost all pieces except the switch, so i don't have the rubber dome or the keycap. is there any place i could get this replaced/fixed ? just cried in school about this so I'm looking to get it fixed as soon as possible so i don't make a fool out of myself.

canuckRus

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2014
hi - so i have a late 2019 macbook pro and i recently found the keycap for the left arrow key came off. while trying to get it back on i ripped off the actual switch that holds it in place. i have lost all pieces except the switch, so i don't have the rubber dome or the keycap. is there any place i could get this replaced/fixed ? just cried in school about this so I'm looking to get it fixed as soon as possible so i don't make a fool out of myself.
Take to an Apple store to fix if one nearby.

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
Yes, an Apple store should help you out with that key.
You can also order replacement keycaps, along with all the little peices that you might need, too.
I have bought keycaps from that site a couple times, and they are pretty good...
Be sure to review the video for that task, on the same page with the keycaps.
Also, the 13 or 15 inch are not the same keycaps as the 16-inch for 2019, so you would want to be careful about that.

Reactions: Sanpete

riley_undefined

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 15, 2022
norway
Yes, an Apple store should help you out with that key.
You can also order replacement keycaps, along with all the little peices that you might need, too.
I have bought keycaps from that site a couple times, and they are pretty good...
Be sure to review the video for that task, on the same page with the keycaps.
Also, the 13 or 15 inch are not the same keycaps as the 16-inch for 2019, so you would want to be careful about that.
that's so cool !! ty for the help , I'll go see if i can order some ! my friends tried to help search but no one could find anything that actually seemed to help - this sounds fantastic.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.