Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sagar VA

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 28, 2021
Well , long story short , MacBook unibody 2008 , I installed an unsupported OS of Catalina. Now everything works fine for few minutes for like about 2-3 min after start up , but after that the trackpad and the keyboard keys don’t work as they are supposed to work , like a single click on the track pad goes as right click and the keyboard keys are jumbled up sometimes as well.

Somehow I am not able to downgrade the MacBook to the last official supported OS. Can anyone tell me quick fix for this , like a quick keyboard reset or something . Am sure its a software issue as how come everything works perfectly fine for the first few minutes after start up , while after that it does not.

Thanks

macsareveryinteresting

macrumors 6502a
Dec 7, 2020
Colorado Springs
You might want to first charge your keyboard. After you have done that, restart the MacBook. If it still has the issue, charge the trackpad and then reset both the keyboard and trackpad. If it still has the issues you are having, report it as a bug to Apple. If it gets out of hand, and it bother you too much, take it into Apple to see what’s going on.

StoneJack

macrumors 68020
Dec 19, 2009
Well , long story short , MacBook unibody 2008 , I installed an unsupported OS of Catalina. Now everything works fine for few minutes for like about 2-3 min after start up , but after that the trackpad and the keyboard keys don’t work as they are supposed to work , like a single click on the track pad goes as right click and the keyboard keys are jumbled up sometimes as well.

Somehow I am not able to downgrade the MacBook to the last official supported OS. Can anyone tell me quick fix for this , like a quick keyboard reset or something . Am sure its a software issue as how come everything works perfectly fine for the first few minutes after start up , while after that it does not.

Thanks
could you stop polluting with numerous duplicate threads about your keyboards, just one thread is enough

Sagar VA

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 28, 2021
could you stop polluting with numerous duplicate threads about your keyboards, just one thread is enough
as far as i remember , i have posted only once here , maybe some glitch thats its duplicating

Sagar VA

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 28, 2021
You might want to first charge your keyboard. After you have done that, restart the MacBook. If it still has the issue, charge the trackpad and then reset both the keyboard and trackpad. If it still has the issues you are having, report it as a bug to Apple. If it gets out of hand, and it bother you too much, take it into Apple to see what’s going on.
what you mean my charge , do you mean change ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.