Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jensgt

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 20, 2014
This has been an issue for me the past few days...maybe from the most recent update? It's really bad where I can't even type a sentence without it freezing and I have to sit and wait. Pretty annoying for what is supposed to be the "fastest iPhone ever" (I have yet to notice). Never had this issue with any previous iPhone. Started happening in Facebook but now everywhere.

I'll be at the mall today where there's an Apple Store but going to have my 3 year old with me...so not sure I want to even attempt trying to get help. Ugh. Anybody else with this? Did you take it in?

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
This has been an issue for me the past few days...maybe from the most recent update? It's really bad where I can't even type a sentence without it freezing and I have to sit and wait. Pretty annoying for what is supposed to be the "fastest iPhone ever" (I have yet to notice). Never had this issue with any previous iPhone. Started happening in Facebook but now everywhere.

I'll be at the mall today where there's an Apple Store but going to have my 3 year old with me...so not sure I want to even attempt trying to get help. Ugh. Anybody else with this? Did you take it in?

Slow keyboard could mean the CPU is busy doing something else. I would close down any active apps. Try a reboot to see if that helps. My X is VERY fast. Facebook is a HOG for resources. Glad I no longer do it!

jensgt

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 20, 2014
I had a few programs running. That has absolutely never caused this kind of lag for me that I can remember. I closed everything up so I will see how that affects it.

jensgt

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 20, 2014
Yeah I have Pokémon go open and I’m out and try a send my husband a text and cant do it. this message froze half way through and i had to sit and wait. this isnt normal at all.

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
Close all background apps and see if it's something misbehaving. Theoretically shouldn't cause it but does sometimes.

Also check to see if there's still an iCloud restore in progress if that's how you set up the phone to begin with. A stalled iCloud restore can cause problems. There's a way to force-stop if necessary.

Otherwise, try the nuclear option -- wipe and set up as new.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.