Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ViciousFrank

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 17, 2013
Montreal, QC, Canada
Since Yosemite, I have an issue. Since it was installed in french, the keyboard layout at login is in AZERTY instead of my preferred layout - QWERTY. After being logged in, the layout is corrected to my preference.

I managed to add the icon to change the layout back with the "Show Input menu in login window" in System Preferences, but it does not remind my previous choice and seems to return to AZERTY after each boot. I would like to change the default selected keyboard in the login screen.

I would like to know if anybody is aware where the default keyboard to use at login is stored somewhere?

Any idea? Thanks!

Last edited:

ViciousFrank

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 17, 2013
Montreal, QC, Canada
After a lot of digging, I found this solution here :
http://apple.stackexchange.com/ques...-source-is-set-to-us-keyboard-in-login-screen

We only need to do this in terminal :
Code:
sudo cp ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.HIToolbox.plist /Library/Preferences/
sudo chmod 644 /Library/Preferences/com.apple.HIToolbox.plist

Doing this should make the current administrator keyboard settings the default for the system.

It does not matter if /Library/Preferences/com.apple.HIToolbox.plist does not exist (like in my case), it should work anyway.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.