Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What would you prefer?

• Swype

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Swift key

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Don't add anything

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters

SomeGuyDude

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2011
NEPA
Just give me a trace keyboard OPTION. It doesn't have to be mandatory, just have it in there for people who want it.

Apple puts SO MUCH emphasis on one-handed operation, yet the keyboard practically REQUIRES two hands if you want to type with any speed.

Z8beema

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 18, 2013
Mass.
Just give me a trace keyboard OPTION. It doesn't have to be mandatory, just have it in there for people who want it.

Apple puts SO MUCH emphasis on one-handed operation, yet the keyboard practically REQUIRES two hands if you want to type with any speed.

Can't agree with you more. Love swype and really want the apple version to just happen

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
More options for anything is generally not a bad thing--those who want to use them would have the option to and those who don't can just leave them alone as if they aren't even there.

$M.H$

macrumors member
Mar 20, 2014
More options for anything is generally not a bad thing--those who want to use them would have the option to and those who don't can just leave them alone as if they aren't even there.

100 % true :)

----------

Would you want other keyboard options in the new os?

I would like to have a few more options
- swype keyboard
- drawing keyboard (draw the letters & numbers)
- change keyboard background color
- change letters color
- change keyboard Transparency
That would be nice :)

Z8beema

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 18, 2013
Mass.
100 % true :)

----------

I would like to have a few more options
- swype keyboard
- drawing keyboard (draw the letters & numbers)
- change keyboard background color
- change letters color
- change keyboard Transparency
That would be nice :)

I like where your going with that but that is way more customization than I think apple would like to give the user

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.