Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

_ishtar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 15, 2020
Hi there,
I hope you and your loved ones being safe and happy.

Yeah! really paranormal! ??
Last night I noticed that my MacBook (Mid 2010) act unusual, background audio/video suddenly going fast back/forward (mostly back or skip to another tracks) while I taking note or browsing web, MacBook won't go to sleep or monitor immediately wake up after goes to sleep(monitor), keyboard won't works during boot time to do reset NVRAM, and finally this afternoon I see that some keys not working anymore, story not end yet ?

Reset SMC and NVRAM won't help yet so, I order a keyboard replacement immediately, but also tried two workaround to be sure that my keyboard is wrong or not (about playing issue).
  1. I disconnect the keyboard from mainboard and test playing audio/video again, it was fine without any connected keyboard.
  2. I try an app that named Karabiner-Elements, without disable any keys just running app in background this time was that time, paranormal activity, all keys, really all keys working fine now, I typing again on my lovely Mac right now!!
* I still experienced issues on background playing audio/video file specially when - lower issues for sure - but all keys working right now.
* I replaced my keyboard last year due to water damage, this time there was not any physical damage!
* When I close Karabiner app, keyboard stop working again until I re-open it!
* MacBook won't go to sleep, charged connected or not. When monitor goes sleep, immediately wake up!

Please give me an advise,

Stay safe ??

Best,
.hasan

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.