Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ls1dreams

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2009
Has anyone seen this?

iPhone 8 / iOS12

Once in a while when attempting to log into banking apps on the logic screen, my keyboard input will be CRAZY lagged, like 5-10 seconds between every keystroke.

I'll have to force quit the app, or restart my phone entirely and it seems to leave the device in a bad state.

Possibly lastpass causing issues? Something else?

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
It’s potentially the banking app itself because they go through additional layer of security checks in the background and it’s not optimised properly.

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
It's lagging heavily because something is going on in the background that's taking up all the CPU. I've had that happen in iOS Notes several times - extremely slow keyboard input.
After a while it has always gone away

ls1dreams

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2009
It's lagging heavily because something is going on in the background that's taking up all the CPU. I've had that happen in iOS Notes several times - extremely slow keyboard input.
After a while it has always gone away

Right, but this isn't at random times - it's on certain login apps only. I'm suspecting that some apps maybe have additional security type API's/etc that might crush the app on login, but it's BRUTALLY bad. Like even waiting 2-3 minutes the keyboard is still virtually unusable.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.