Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joey4127

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 29, 2004
I have a Mac Mini and when I updated to Tiger I chose the wrong keyboard as my default and my keys are messed up. So every time I turn it on, i need to go to preferences and change it. How can I change the default keyboard so i won't need to switch every time I turn it on?

Kelmon

macrumors 6502a
Mar 28, 2005
United Kingdom
Well, I'll have a bash at this problem. My best guess for this would be to use the System Preferences > International > Input Menu option to select the country of your keyboard and de-select other languages/countries. However, given your question you make it sound as though you already do something similar. Is this what you do and, if so, does the old language come back again after a restart?

Not sure if this helps but I thought I'd try.

Kelmon

macrumors 6502a
Mar 28, 2005
United Kingdom
OK, still guessing at things to try here but can you create a new User Account and try setting its keyboard settings to that which you want? If it works on a new account (even after a restart), then at least you know the problem is just with your current Account and not the OS installation as a whole. Further, it's pretty easy to move your documents from one Account to another.

Best of luck.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.