Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ssledoux

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
I have the MK, but really want to elevate my iPP for desktop usage. I got a stand, and I like it. My plan was to use my older Magic Keyboard from a previous iMac, but I don’t like how hard I have to touch the keys coming from the MK.

Any suggestions for a keyboard with easy-touch keys?

CharlesShaw

macrumors 65816
May 8, 2015
I’m typing this on my recently purchased Mac Magic Keyboard model A2450, I think it’s the most current model without TouchID, weighs 8.5 oz, and types like a dream.

Last edited:
Reactions: ssledoux

ssledoux

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
Thanks! I can’t decide between using this at the desk elevated, or getting another Mac. I am just tired of always having to look down at my screens. With my older eyes, I kinda miss the big Mac screen too.

CharlesShaw

macrumors 65816
May 8, 2015
Thanks! I can’t decide between using this at the desk elevated, or getting another Mac. I am just tired of always having to look down at my screens. With my older eyes, I kinda miss the big Mac screen too.
Yeah, at some point you’d be buying all the parts of an iMac but not having an iMac.

ssledoux

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
Yeah, at some point you’d be buying all the parts of an iMac but not having an iMac.

Honestly I don’t need one. My iPP does everything I need. I am just always wanting to pare down to the minimum, and when I do, I always seem to miss whatever device I don’t have. ;-p

Right now I have 2 iPads (mini and pro 12.9), and I do enjoy the size of the pro for certain iPad things, but I mostly use it at a desk, and use the mini as my portable, travel device. I feel like if I’m never leaving the house with it anyway, why do I not have a bigger screen to enjoy?

CharlesShaw

macrumors 65816
May 8, 2015
Honestly I don’t need one. My iPP does everything I need. I am just always wanting to pare down to the minimum, and when I do, I always seem to miss whatever device I don’t have. ;-p

Right now I have 2 iPads (mini and pro 12.9), and I do enjoy the size of the pro for certain iPad things, but I mostly use it at a desk, and use the mini as my portable, travel device. I feel like if I’m never leaving the house with it anyway, why do I not have a bigger screen to enjoy?
Sounds like the devices have all the needs covered. And there’s a lot of flexibility in that array, so maybe a new keyboard is indeed the missing piece.

p.s. and I think the current Mac Magic Keyboard would be worth checking out.

Reactions: ssledoux
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.