Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

prot0type

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 12, 2010
caught this mention on engadget.com

ipad-keyboard-case-2_1.jpg

- Stylish & streamlined protective leather case designed for iPad.
- Built-in Bluetooth 2.0 Silicone Keyboard.
- Quiet keystrokes, dust-proof & spill-proof.
- Durable Leather Style Exterior.
- Magnetic fastening secures case closed.
- Rechargeable battery lasts for approximately 45 hours per charge.
- Bluetooth keyboard charges using standard Apple power cables.
- Auto sleep mode when idle for 10 minutes.
- Easy setup - automatically re-connects when turned on.

http://www.gearzap.com/ipad-folio-with-integrated-bluetooth-keyboard-black.html

Features of both the keyboard and case look decent.

I would like to see other case makers take a stab at this as well either using a 3rd party keyboard or even better the Apple BT keyboard.

Doc750

macrumors 6502a
Aug 11, 2010
they need to come out with a case that looks like that, but allows me to slip in the apple BT keyboard, and the Ipad.

prot0type

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 12, 2010
Clam Case is supposed to come out with something in the Fall.

Yep, I remember that report.

For some reason I'm turned off by that offering though. I know it's probably not the finished product, but I have a feeling it'll still be bulky, heavier than it should be, and of course pricey.

KeyCase may be the first of many till someone gets it right, not a bad first step though. If anything Apple should give it a go. Make a ver2 of their iPad case that has the option to stow away their bt keyboard for those that use it.

Mr. Biggles

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2009
Western New York
...........and of course pricey.

When I signed up to be notified when it was available, I was sent a follow up email asking me what I thought the price should be. If memory serves me, the choices were something like $99, $129 or $179. I chose $129 knowing darn well it will be most likely the $179.

TraceyS/FL

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2007
North Central Florida
My daughter liked it.... I have a few places it would be handy, but not enough to spend $99. Like the other poster said, give me something that holds my apple bt keyboard like that and I'd probably go for it to hqve just in case.

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
Neat idea if I did not already have the Apple Wireless Keyboard and a Skooba Netmessanger bag that it fits well in. And the Apple Wireless Keyboard allows for easy use with the MPB and iMac I have...

drenline

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2010
Does anyone know the MSRP on both of these products? I might be interested if it's a reasonable price range (under $60).

Mike in Mass

macrumors newbie
Jul 9, 2010
Read a review recently (can't find it now...). The keys are under a rubber membrane and the review didn't like the feel.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.