Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GoztepeEge

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Hi! I just got an extremely weird issue.
I tried to disable the password protection on my MBP, I got system preferences, users&groups, and I just clicked "change password" for my login account on the device. I typed my current password and left blank for the new password, it asked me to make sure to really leave it blank, I accepted.

I restarted the PC, expected it to be logged in with no password, but it required a password. I tried everything, the previous password and blank scenario. Nothing! The only way was to "reset password" option which I have done. I reset my password with the iCloud, but then it showed me like "A new keychain will be created on this Mac, the previous ones are deleted" etc.

Now the problem is that I can not get all of my saved passwords back. I have them on my iPhone, but they are gone on my MBP.

Tried turning off the keychain and turning on it again, did this also on my iPhone. When I turn it on, it requires an activation from my iPhone, I accept, but no password comes on the MBP.

How can I resolve this? It is a kind of bug and sooo annoying! I need those saved passwords here on my MBP, like they are already on my iPhone as well.
Any idea?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.