Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kaitak98

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 3, 2006
I recently got a Philips Hue 2.0 Bridge to use with Homekit. During the setup I was asked to enable iCloud Keychain. I didn't realize it wasn't enabled at the time. When I go to Setting the Keychain item is missing from the iCloud settings pane. I'm trying to figure out why.

There are two issues that might be a factor. The first is that I'm running Public Beta 4 of iOS 9.3. But my iPad Air 2 is also running the same version and Keychain is available there. The second it that I recently installed Airwatch Agent to get my work email on my phone. Does this disable iCloud Keychain for some reason?

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Tom
[doublepost=1456354461][/doublepost]To add some more information I checked a coworker's phone with Airwatch installed and Keychain is there on that device.
So I guess that isn't the problem.

kaitak98

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 3, 2006
Here's a dumb question: Passcode set on the phone?
Yeah. I even changed from a 4 digit (which I downgraded to because Airwatch didn't like my original 6 digit) to a new 6 digit.

I'm thinking I may need to wait for 9.3 to come out of beta and do a fresh install and restore from backup. Hopefully I won't need to set up as new phone to fix this. Funny thing is all my passwords work and seem to sync, at least in Safari.

Cheers

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Yeah. I even changed from a 4 digit (which I downgraded to because Airwatch didn't like my original 6 digit) to a new 6 digit.

I'm thinking I may need to wait for 9.3 to come out of beta and do a fresh install and restore from backup. Hopefully I won't need to set up as new phone to fix this. Funny thing is all my passwords work and seem to sync, at least in Safari.

Cheers

Have you tried just rebooting the device? Hold down the Power + Home buttons together until you see the Apple logo.

Blujelly

macrumors 65816
Sep 2, 2012
South East England
A restart could do the trick, maybe a restore from a backup with the beta.

If not then I'd honestly say its the beta that's causing the issue, so as you say either wait for a new beta or 9.3 for it official release.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.