Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

saudor

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 18, 2011
Is anyone's keychains working from ios14 to mojave? I tried creating new user accounts, changing passwords, etc but doesnt seem to sync to a mac running mojave anymore

saudor

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 18, 2011
Yikes, I hope this isn’t true.
yeah i cant get it to work. As soon as i load my BS partition, everything works perfect. Something must have changed in the backend when i upgraded to test.

EDIT: looks like it started spontaneously working today after loading my old install of high sierra and logging into that.

Last edited:

appltech

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2020
If you take a look at iCloud requirements here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204230, it becomes clear, that not all of the features are available on Mojave (for example, Find My). However, iCloud Keychain should work.
Maybe there's a conflict somewhere in settings or features, everything works on BigSur, but something cannot work on Mojave. Who knows.

saudor

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 18, 2011
If you take a look at iCloud requirements here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204230, it becomes clear, that not all of the features are available on Mojave (for example, Find My). However, iCloud Keychain should work.
Maybe there's a conflict somewhere in settings or features, everything works on BigSur, but something cannot work on Mojave. Who knows.

Luckily i was able to get it to work! not sure what happened but after changing my apple password, signing into high sierra, signing out, offering a burnt sacrificial offering to tim crook, and then signing back into my mojave, it worked!

Reactions: appltech

saudor

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 18, 2011
Looks like this is still an issue. All it did was just sync all the passwords up until May 17th, 2021 but anything after that does not sync with ios14+ devices.

This must be similar to icloud tabs where devices on older systems can talk to each other and see each other but there's no integration between newer ones (Apple then updated the minimum system reqs to ios11 for icloud tabs).

for ios14+, it's probably big sur (and maybe catalina) and later for keychain

byke

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2007
LDN. UK
I literally have just got here, from googling this problem.
looks like another feature that has been removed :(

saudor

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 18, 2011
I literally have just got here, from googling this problem.
looks like another feature that has been removed :(
Wait a bunch of days and it seems to eventually sync. It's probably unstable as heck since passwords up until May 17th 2021 work fine for me. Of course, I'm not sure how long changes on either end will sync but i only use Mojave every so often so it doesnt affect me as much

The same thing happened with icloud tabs and eventually they made it officially an ios11+ requirement. I reckon the same will happen here

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.