Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

harveypooka

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 24, 2004
My Mac has started asking me for my 'System' password when I log in and now keeps asking for my mail passwords. Keychain doesn't recognise my password for System - how can I reset it? An reinstall?

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
harveypooka said:
My Mac has started asking me for my 'System' password when I log in and now keeps asking for my mail passwords. Keychain doesn't recognise my password for System - how can I reset it? An reinstall?

maybe try changing your system/account password, you can do this in the system prefs ~ accounts section.

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Just to clarify, I was asking if the original dialogue box was to do with AirPort, not the Mail ones. Generally when Mail asks for your password it's entirely the fault of your ISP although this may not be the case here...

FWIW, it's a pretty well known problem of 10.4.2 and later that logging in will sometimes give a dialogue box asking for a password. I don't know of a fix, or even if there is one, but I know that cancelling it is fine. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.