Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Blades

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 7, 2008
What's the main point of developing the Keynote app if you cannot connect the iPad to a projector?
Is it just for drafting presentations while in the toilet?

mrgreen4242

macrumors 601
Feb 10, 2004
What's the main point of developing the Keynote app if you can connect the iPad to a projector?

I assume you meant to say CAN'T connect the iPad to a projector. It has a XGA VGA output mode via the dock connector (for connecting to projectors). Should have had an HDMI option as well, though.

VideoShooter

macrumors regular
Dec 11, 2004
I also sometimes use my laptop as a presentation screen as well...

Especially when I'm only talking to one or two people... It's much more intimate.

A ipad, an iphone to click through slides and a case for it to be presented. Nice little package.

mackmgg

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2007
they specifically said you COULD plug the iPad into a projector for keynote during the announcement

Blades

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 7, 2008
Thanks mrgreen4242...

Canelloni, I thought the appropriate place for pointing that would be in the Input-Output section...

4DThinker

macrumors 68020
Mar 15, 2008
What's the main point of developing the Keynote app if you cannot connect the iPad to a projector?
Apparently there is a Dock-connected VGA port available. Another adapter you'll need to buy.

eawmp1

macrumors 601
Feb 19, 2008
FL
I assume you meant to say CAN'T connect the iPad to a projector. It has a XGA VGA output mode via the dock connector (for connecting to projectors). Should have had an HDMI option as well, though.

Like Apple has ever supported HDMI :rolleyes:

admanimal

macrumors 68040
Apr 22, 2005
I am actually pretty psyched about Keynote. As a scientist, it will be great to use to share my work during in a more personal way during interviews/meetings/etc. in addition to doing standard presentations with.

4DThinker

macrumors 68020
Mar 15, 2008
I find it impressive and ironic that Kindle ads help support this forum!

I suspect anyone showing up at a meeting with an iPad to use for keynote presentations is trying to compensate for some odd inferiority complex.:eek: Get anything with it's own VGA port! You'll need one and they don't have an iPad adapter for that, yet. You belong to the same species that bought macbook Airs, except you get paid less. JMHO. :D

anjinha

macrumors 604
Oct 21, 2006
San Francisco, CA
I find it impressive and ironic that Kindle ads help support this forum!

I suspect anyone showing up at a meeting with an iPad to use for keynote presentations is trying to compensate for some odd inferiority complex.:eek: Get anything with it's own VGA port! You'll need one and they don't have an iPad adapter for that, yet. You belong to the same species that bought macbook Airs, except you get paid less. JMHO. :D

My Macbook doesn't have a VGA port, it needs an adapter. Does that mean I'm trying to compensate for some odd inferiority complex if i use it for my presentations?

Ruahrc

macrumors 65816
Jun 9, 2009
Apple's orphan Apple TV does... http://www.apple.com/appletv/specs.html

But yeah, all we can do is hope someone is able to make an HDMI adapter and god willing, 720P output.

Pretty sure that's not going to happen. First of all there is no digital out capability on the iPad. Second, the output is limited to VGA 1024x768, or 480p in component mode. So there will not be enough resolution for true 720p.

al256

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2001
Pretty sure that's not going to happen. First of all there is no digital out capability on the iPad. Second, the output is limited to VGA 1024x768, or 480p in component mode. So there will not be enough resolution for true 720p.

I know, I just wanted to keep the dream alive in my head :/ Reality is more disappointing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.