Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KB1212

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 25, 2024
Can you add an expiry date to a keynote presentation?

I want to share a Keynote presentation but do not wish it to be active forever, I want document control of the presentation itself to protect my intellectual property and to prevent it being used forever, or being plagiarised.

Is this possible within Keynote or is there another way I can do it?

Many thanks in advance.

HobeSoundDarryl

macrumors G5
No such feature.

Put your copyright notice on it "all rights reserved" and perhaps a watermark or similar "exclusively for <whoevers> eyes only" or similar... but both are easily stripped out and then it can be passed along.

You can also put a password on the file but those wanting to pass it on to someone else could pass the password on to someone else too.

You could render the presentation as a video and perhaps upload it to Vimeo where you can grant viewing options to your own website and/or to a client's website, etc. Since you would control that video file, you could always lock out the client and/or delete the video to remove the ability to watch it later. Of course, nothing stops "them" from making a copy of that file that they control and then potentially passing it on to others. HOWEVER, with this option you can put that copyright and/or watermark notice up to all over it so that viewers who should not have access to it would be seeing those notices to at least know they are in the wrong for watching it.

Lastly, you can always take the presentation to "them" and present in person with you retaining control of the file. When you depart them, the file goes with you. This is the only option that absolutely works.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.