Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
Im doing a keynote presentation to a friend, with the use of Messenger... BUT... as i have shared the Keynote window and set it to full screen, im not able to view my friend. Before the share window i could see him, but now i cant. Any ideas what i must do to be able to see him while im doing the presentation?

MacGizmo

macrumors 68040
Apr 27, 2003
Arizona
Full Screen mode only allows one app to be on the screen at a time, so you're not going to be able to do what you want to do unless you hook up a second display.

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
Can Keynote, run in Presentation mode, at a smaller than full screen Window?
Also, might there be other apps, that the second screen can work?

Last edited:

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
Im still trying to find a satisfactory solution and i wanted to ask if a presentation can play in non full screen mode but in a window.

neutrino23

macrumors 68000
Feb 14, 2003
SF Bay area
Maybe try FaceTime? I share my screen with my friends this way and can still see a small picture of my friend. Haven’t tried Keynote this way yet.

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
"Microsoft Teams" has a smaller window with the person that sees the presentation. The issue is that when playing the Keynote presentation, the slideshow goes Fullscreen and the window with the viewer is lost.

neutrino23

macrumors 68000
Feb 14, 2003
SF Bay area
I just tested this with FaceTime and Keynote. I shared my screen and launched the presentation full screen. I could still see the video of the person I was connected to. At the other end they only saw the full screen presentation, not my camera image.

FYI, this was from my iPad.

Reactions: zoran

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
Thanks, I guess the issue will be with Teams, cause that’s what the other party will be using.

MacGizmo

macrumors 68040
Apr 27, 2003
Arizona
If you have two displays, you can simply move the Teams app to the screen you don't have in Full Screen mode. @neutrino23 has a great solution for FaceTime, but that's because Apple can use system-level code that no other app can use.

Is there a reason you need to see the other person's face while you're giving a presentation?

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
Is there a reason you need to see the other person's face while you're giving a presentation?
Of course, seeing the persons expressions is vital to understand what is though of the presentation etc.

Token

macrumors member
Oct 1, 2002
In keynote just choose the Play in Window option in the Play menu, then share your screen.

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
In keynote just choose the Play in Window option in the Play menu, then share your screen.

It still plays in full screen, unless i haven't understood what you are saying.

Last edited:

neutrino23

macrumors 68000
Feb 14, 2003
SF Bay area

LOL. Nice to know the other person isn’t sleeping or hasn’t walked away. With friends this isn’t a problem. When we used to do sales presentations online we always had a salesman on-site to confirm that the customers were still paying attention. This is really a problem now when there are so many distractions from texts, email and such.

MacGizmo

macrumors 68040
Apr 27, 2003
Arizona
If it's vital that you see the viewers while giving the presentation, I would guess that a second display is worth the cost and solves the problem better than any software utilities, hacks or workarounds.

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
Thanks for the suggestion but having a second display just for the 3-4 important presentations per years seems like an overkill to me. I have to find some way software wise :)

MacGizmo

macrumors 68040
Apr 27, 2003
Arizona
If you have a second Mac, an iPad or an iPhone, you could log in to the meeting/connect in the ongoing screen with the second device to see the other people.

Token

macrumors member
Oct 1, 2002
@zoran I believe it should open in a window.

Have you tried using an iPad connected as a virtual extra screen using Sidecar?

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
There is an iPad i can use, but it belongs to a friend and im worried to sign out of his Apple ID and sign in with mine.
If im not mistaking in order to use SideCar i need to login in the iPad with the same AppleID as in my MBPro... so if that is so, whats gonna happen to the iPad user's files?
If i log out and sign with my AppleID when i log back in with his, will his files be back as they were?

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.