Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nxt3

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 15, 2023
Has anyone seen these KeySmart thin card trackers? I stumbled across them but haven't seen any reviews and nobody's mentioned them here either. They were funded on Kickstarter so out of the gate I'm skeptical.

Looks to be rechargeable with wireless charging and slimmer than the Pebblebee Card.

erihp

macrumors 6502
Apr 21, 2020
Has anyone seen these KeySmart thin card trackers? I stumbled across them but haven't seen any reviews and nobody's mentioned them here either. They were funded on Kickstarter so out of the gate I'm skeptical.

Looks to be rechargeable with wireless charging and slimmer than the Pebblebee Card.

First id seen it. Qi charging is great.

Everything looks good except the price! The most expensive Find My card yet!

Cruncher

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2010
I have mine for about 2 Weeks now. There was a special Deal for about 30$ here in my Country. I used the Chipolo Card Spot twice and both got defective after about 2 months. The sound just did not work anymore.

The KeySmart feels more robust and the wireless charging worked perfectly also on a Magsafe charger. Time will tell if it is good. First impression is great and I am happy for the wireless charging.

nxt3

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 15, 2023
I have mine for about 2 Weeks now. There was a special Deal for about 30$ here in my Country. I used the Chipolo Card Spot twice and both got defective after about 2 months. The sound just did not work anymore.

The KeySmart feels more robust and the wireless charging worked perfectly also on a Magsafe charger. Time will tell if it is good. First impression is great and I am happy for the wireless charging.

Cool, thanks for sharing! One of those for $30 sounds like a good deal.

fischersd

macrumors 603
Oct 23, 2014
Port Moody, BC, Canada
Looking forward to these being widely available.
The Chipolo Card Spots were just awful!
- unreliable (only seemed to update within the first few months of use)
- battery drained quickly (if you're someone that puts your wallet in your back pocket, it was as little as a couple of months - and, yes, I sandwiched it between other cards to minimize the button being pushed).

I likely had 7 replacements for the two that we bought? (finally gave up)

JWGold

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2017
United States
I have a Key Smart Smartcard. It works exactly as adertised, and unlike another one I recently saw advertised, this one is rechargeable. It works with a MagSafe charger if you don’t have a Qi charger. I prefer the form factor over an Air Tag and it is pretty much about the size and thickness of a credit card. The only issue I’ve found is that I am rarely without my wallet, so the only time I will get to take advantage of this device is if I happen to lose my wallet, which I hope never happens.

Reactions: derekww

nxt3

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 15, 2023
I have a Key Smart Smartcard. It works exactly as adertised, and unlike another one I recently saw advertised, this one is rechargeable. It works with a MagSafe charger if you don’t have a Qi charger. I prefer the form factor over an Air Tag and it is pretty much about the size and thickness of a credit card. The only issue I’ve found is that I am rarely without my wallet, so the only time I will get to take advantage of this device is if I happen to lose my wallet, which I hope never happens.
Yeah let's hope you don't need it. :)

I recently "lost" my wallet and went through the process of ordering a new credit card and ID--found the wallet the next day of course. This would have saved me that hassle!

obesechess

macrumors member
Aug 1, 2023
These interest me as someone who frequently misplaces his wallet at home but doesn't want the 8mm+ bulge of an airtag sticking out of his wallet.

JWGold

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2017
United States
These interest me as someone who frequently misplaces his wallet at home but doesn't want the 8mm+ bulge of an airtag sticking out of his wallet.

I was playing with the Key Smart and just realized it doesn’t locate a nearby Key Smart using direction arrows like the Air Tag does. Instead it gives you “directions” on a map. It also plays a sound. You will for sure know if your wallet is nearby, but unfortunately, you’re going to have to find it my playing a sound as opposed to using the directional arrows on your phone.

erihp

macrumors 6502
Apr 21, 2020
I was playing with the Key Smart and just realized it doesn’t locate a nearby Key Smart using direction arrows like the Air Tag does. Instead it gives you “directions” on a map. It also plays a sound. You will for sure know if your wallet is nearby, but unfortunately, you’re going to have to find it my playing a sound as opposed to using the directional arrows on your phone.
Only Airtags have precision finding via the U1 chip. No third party find my devices have this capability.

obesechess

macrumors member
Aug 1, 2023
That's right, I forgot about that, and that's crucial when I leave the dang thing in a small space. Oh well. Airtag wallet it is.

erihp

macrumors 6502
Apr 21, 2020
That's right, I forgot about that, and that's crucial when I leave the dang thing in a small space. Oh well. Airtag wallet it is.
For what it's worth I've found the speaker in the Pebblebee Card to be twice as loud as the airtag. I have no problems finding it. Don't know about the keysmart.

matrix07

macrumors G3
Jun 24, 2010
I have solve my wallet problem. 😀 I just bought this wallet that has coin pocket. And since I never carry coin in wallet I use that pocket for an AirTag. ☺️

IMG_3755.jpeg IMG_2423.jpeg

NYCValkyrie

macrumors 6502a
Jun 1, 2019

Does it beep if it's been away from you for too long like the AirTags? Would love to attach these to my luggage but the beeping might attract more than deter.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.