Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maverick22

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 30, 2012
We bought our daughter an iPad Air 5. She’s 10, and is somewhat accident prone. She had been using an Otterbox Defender on her old iPad, and it worked well.

She wanted something more colorful for the Air though - a case more geared towards kids as opposed to the plain black of Otterbox.

Any suggestions? Thanks

maverick22

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 30, 2012
Have you looked at the Otterbox kids' cases? They look pretty colorful and protective.
Thanks. I didn't know those existed. However, they seem to be for the iPad 9th gen only.

We got my daughter an iPad air.

jetsam

macrumors 6502a
Jul 28, 2015
We bought our daughter an iPad Air 5. She’s 10, and is somewhat accident prone. She had been using an Otterbox Defender on her old iPad, and it worked well.

She wanted something more colorful for the Air though - a case more geared towards kids as opposed to the plain black of Otterbox.

Any suggestions? Thanks

"child proof ipad air case 5th generation" gets several hits on Amazon.

maverick22

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 30, 2012
Oops, sorry missed the Air 5 part of your original post. Lucky 10 year old to have one!

Well, she’s a great kid, and our only child. She’s responsible, but she’s still somewhat accident prone ha. I bought the AppleCare+ using the educator’s discount as well.

We ordered a case that seems pretty good. It does give off those “rainbow spots” on the built-in screen protector though. I created a different thread asking about those.

Thanks

Reactions: 0128672
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.