Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

phillyman

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 17, 2008
Hi all,

I decided my iPod nano 7th gen was dirty and washed it with my trainer. Amazingly it still sort of works. I’ve broken iPods in the past and was able to buy that older model at a discount. Apple support would send/replace them without an issue. This iPod Nano is now vintage and I was told I might be able to buy one directly at a retail store. It is a bit of a pain for me currently to get to a store and when I tried to call I couldn’t get through at first. Another call to Apple support told me they were not available anywhere.

Again I’ll happily pay for that model and would prefer to get a “new” one from Apple instead of going the eBay/used route.

How long does Apple retail sell/replace older devices? I‘m guessing as long as they have stock? Have any of you recently been able to buy an iPod Nano?

thanks,
philly

Reactions: ADAMVINH

Traverse

macrumors 604
Mar 11, 2013
Here
Unfortunately, Apple stopped selling the iPod nano line a few years ago. The best you can hope for is that they appear on Apple's refurbished store, but I have only ever seen iPod touches. You can buy them on eBay or Goodwill, but honestly you may have to look for an alternative or buy the iPod touch.

Reactions: ElioLugaru
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.