Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zobby

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 5, 2011
Hmmm. Just went to sit down to watch killers of the flower moon that I thought was included in my Apple TV sub.

£15.99 to rent it?

I assumed - wrongly - that it was included in the recently increased Apple TV subscription. I assumed wrongly.

Feels like Apple are having a laugh.

IT Troll

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2012
Edinburgh
Would be good if they were clearer about that. At the moment it has buy and rent options, could at least have a Stream (coming soon) option.

gigatoaster

macrumors 68000
Jul 22, 2018
France
I think it will show it soon because it’s already listed on some Torrent sites. I can even see a 35 GB Dolby Vision version, that’s ridiculous!

waw74

macrumors 601
May 27, 2008
I think it will show it soon because it’s already listed on some Torrent sites. I can even see a 35 GB Dolby Vision version, that’s ridiculous!
it is already available to stream. It's just not included with a subscription, it requires a paid purchase or rental to watch.

Once things are available to stream (paid, free, or included with subscription), they usually show up pretty quickly on torrent sites.
Being released for a paid rental/purchase has no direct implications to when it will be included in a streaming service. Every movie has a different release timeline. For example, Barbie and Oppenheimer released the same day in theaters, but showed up for streaming a few weeks apart.

the 35GB sounds about right for DV movies.

gigatoaster

macrumors 68000
Jul 22, 2018
France
Thanks, I was not aware that they were paid movies on top of Apple TV+. It says “coming at a later date” but maybe because I’m in France and we have specific rules before a movie is available on a streaming platform.

How much does it cost? It’s not included in the Apple TV+ subscription in the USA?

Maybe they’ll release it tomorrow for Christmas.

waw74

macrumors 601
May 27, 2008
it's an apple studios movie, (not necessarily appleTV+ content) and currently showing in theaters here, although it looks like a fairly limited release, found a few times in each of most of the big cites.

it's a $25 purchase, or a $20 rental. ( €22.68 or €18.13)
It's similar pricing to other major movies that are still in theaters, like the latest hunger games. The Taylor Swift movie is also the same rental price (no purchase available).

It may also have to do with the rules for Oscar eligibility

Reactions: gigatoaster

SAIRUS

macrumors 6502a
Aug 21, 2008
Think it’ll be on a bag of hurt 4K Blu-ray? Just for those days when my internet stops working…or I just want the highest quality.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.