Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skymastr16

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 20, 2008
Hi everyone, I've been meaning to post this for a while but finally got around to doing it. I really wanted a nice, lightweight cradle for my iPhone to put on my desk at work and home but couldn't find ANYTHING i liked at the store so I bought a K'nex set for 19.99 and was able to make 2 of these so for $10 each it wasn't a bad deal at all.

What I like about it is I'm able to remove the back piece which will give me an angle adjustment depending upon where you put the cradle. Also, notice on the bottom there is the perfect hole in order to plug the USB cable for docking WHILE on the cradle.

Take a look and let me know what you think and please post any iterations of your own homebrewed cradles as well!

IMG_0188.jpg

IMG_0190.jpg
IMG_0191-2.jpg
IMG_0189.jpg
IMG_0192-1.jpg
IMG_0193-1.jpg

skymastr16

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 20, 2008
thats awesome, i love diy stuff :)

thanks, i too love diy things, i honestly think they're better. it allows people to create exactly what they want based on their individual needs and its more personal and fun. i honestly wish more people would post their diy stuff on the forums.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.