Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
No I didn't even know there was such a thing. Is it simple? I'm in traffic right now or I'd look lol

Settings> sounds > select alert of choice> Vibration> Then select your choice or choose custom.

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
This thing vibrates so loudly people near me can hear it if my legs up against something lol

I think Apple needs to address this one, because I don't think most people know they can tone it down. The 6 is bad, but the 6+ is absurd. I've just about soiled my pants several times in meetings or quiet rooms when someone has their 6+ on the table and it gets a call. Even if it's in the hand, the vibration is so loud and abrasive and unnecessary, but when it's on a table or hard surface it's just plain obnoxious.

kalirob99

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 24, 2008
California
I think Apple needs to address this one, because I don't think most people know they can tone it down. The 6 is bad, but the 6+ is absurd. I've just about soiled my pants several times in meetings or quiet rooms when someone has their 6+ on the table and it gets a call. Even if it's in the hand, the vibration is so loud and abrasive and unnecessary, but when it's on a table or hard surface it's just plain obnoxious.

Oh my god, thank you! It scares the crap outa people that don't know its so loud and violent on the regular vibration.
I turned it off for a while but in loud places I missed a ton of calls. Switching it on and off was a pain too.
I stopped leaving it on tables because it was like someone trying to scare me lol

XboxMySocks

macrumors 68020
Oct 25, 2009

You realise that the 6 and the 6+ are the exact same motor, right?

People with a guilty conscious are more easily startled ;p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.