Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rhp2424

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 23, 2008
I am strongly considering a Canon HF G30, but it looks like it was introduced only about 6 months after the G20. My fear is that just shortly after I buy it (I am trying to hold out to see what Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals may show up) they will introduce the a G40 within the month or so. I haven't been following camcorder refresh dates like I've been following Apple product refreshes.

I'd love useful some feedback if anyone has known patterns, release history or helpful and relevant buying suggestions. Any thoughts?

And, before it can be said, I can already hear it. "If you want to buy something, just buy it. There will always be a newer and better eventually." And if not that, perhaps, "Nobody can predict refresh dates. It could be tomorrow, it could be six months from now." After reading enough comments in the other "purchase decision...please help" I realize these comments are a given. Hopefully with them out of the way, it leaves room for something helpful if it is out there.

I come here in the chance somebody does follow release scheduling of the Canon camcorders. Any useful help/advice is greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.