Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ApostolisApo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 29, 2015
Gothenburg
Hi, here is an app for iPhone and Apple Watch that I have been making for the last two years in my free time: https://itunes.apple.com/se/app/knowtrail/id1138431739?l=en

It is using Wikipedia's API and your location to provide you with trivia about stuff around your current location. It has features such as multiple languages for the wikipedia articles, offline mode (when you are abroad and don't want to enable roaming), reading list and map mode.

The advantage of using the Wikipedia API is that the provided information is not limited to buildings and places but also historical events, organizations and other encyclopedic entries that happen to relate to your location!

The latest release also sports the first version of Tourist Mode: when you activate it, instead of checking continuously your phone, you just get notifications on your Apple Watch while you re passing by a noteworthy place!

All feedback is welcome!

jpn

Cancelled
Feb 9, 2003
hi

yr app sounds and looks exciting.
i was even more impressed that its available on my app store (Japan). thanks for that, as many apps i want to try are not made available in my app store all the time :(

but at JPY 120 its a little bit much for an app that is made by a developer whose apps i have never used before.
the screenshots look great however.

have you ever considered apple's Try Before You Buy store?
I'm not a developer (sorry) so i dont know the terms and conditions that such an arrangement provides to developers.
but as feedback from a user who spends about the equivalent of USD 10 to 15 per week on apps, i am very interested in trying apps before i pay for them nowadays.

https://www.techspot.com/news/72741-try-before-you-buy-new-app-store-section.html

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.