Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

j2048b

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 18, 2009
Cali
not sure i can post this in here but it is a hack id suppose?

anyone seen a new way to put kodi on the appletv? there are a few threads out there using a dev account etc....

anyone tried it yet?

bluefbk

macrumors newbie
Apr 2, 2013
I use a Pi 2, easy to setup and works great hard wired or with a wifi dongle. Bluetooth keyboard/remote works great. Entire setup ~ $70usd from Amazon. The Pi is by far the best option I've used.

Reactions: j2048b

vader_slri

macrumors regular
Mar 15, 2009
Canada
Yes, this works. You need a developer account (free). The instructions linked above are pretty good. Current Kodi version is a "pre-alpha" of Krypton (v17). It is surprisingly stable - been running it for the past couple of weeks with no crashes to speak of.

j2048b

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 18, 2009
Cali
Yes, this works. You need a developer account (free). The instructions linked above are pretty good. Current Kodi version is a "pre-alpha" of Krypton (v17). It is surprisingly stable - been running it for the past couple of weeks with no crashes to speak of.

Yeah ive seen alot about it, but i got a few og atv, so one is now running openelec, and the other has osmc on it and both seem to run really well!

So ill wait to do this route, but always great to have options!

joseph34

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2012
Do you know how to install zip addons?
I have 1 month searching how to install them but no results, the addons I have its from superrepo
Please help me about to install addons from zip
TIA

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
You need a Mac and free Xcode software and a free dev account. Real easy to side load kodi on it. Runs good has nightly builds to keep up to date. There is also the mrmc kodi version that you can buy directly on the atv App Store but has no addon support.

I recommend you browse the atv subforum

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.