Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

srobert

macrumors 68020
Jan 7, 2002
Please let it be good. Please let it be good. Please let it be good. Please let it be good. Please let it be good.

UP, DOWN, UP, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, A, B, A, B, Select, Start

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
Please let it be good. Please let it be good. Please let it be good. Please let it be good. Please let it be good.

UP, DOWN, UP, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, A, B, A, B, Select, Start

thats what i'm thinking as well. hoping.

i remember playing Contra on the original game boy. forget the exact name. that was fun. i'll definitely be keeping an eye out for this game.

srobert

macrumors 68020
Jan 7, 2002
Looks like they'll keep the macho theme:

…new merc characters Mad Dog and Scorpion…

Badass…*80s style!

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 266

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I'm not actually too keen on the early Contra games. I missed the early games all together (thanks VC) and they don't feel like they've aged well compared to Midnight Resistance or Metal Slug. But a fresh engine and lick of paint... Insta buy!
Wonder if they'll "Probotector" it over here?

edit: oh crap. It's being developed by Wayforward. The bubble has burst. Sniff.

srobert

macrumors 68020
Jan 7, 2002
I'm not actually too keen on the early Contra games. I missed the early games all together and they don't feel like they've aged well compared to Midnight Resistance or Metal Slug. But a fresh engine and lick of paint... Insta buy!

I'm kind of hoping they'll pull it off as well on the DS as they did with Castlevania.

takao

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Dec 25, 2003
Dornbirn (Austria)
I'm kind of hoping they'll pull it off as well on the DS as they did with Castlevania.

that's what i'm hoping too..

on the developer: i'm willing to wait what they can put out before judging.. after all they are working together with konami

zap2

macrumors 604
Mar 8, 2005
Washington D.C
Very Nice...love Contra 1 on NES, and Contra 3 on SNES(VC gold!!)...never played Contra 2.

Will be picking this games up for sure when it launched!

pcypert

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2006
Bangkok
Even if I can beat Contra in 14 or so minutes it's one of the best games ever for me. So much time spent playing that game with friends. At one point we didn't even need the code. There's something oddly enjoyable about being so good at a game...for me it was Contra, SM, Super Mario World, Zelda, Lifeforce (same code), and Sonic. Could just mindlessly play the games and beat them...but still fun.

Paul

SamIchi

macrumors 68030
Aug 1, 2004
Let's do hope this will be good. Most likely it will suck ass. Although a classic style 2-d is great, it needs something else to survive in todays market. Kind of like what SoTN did to the Castlevania series. They can't just shell out another sidescroller with the Contra name.

2nyRiggz

macrumors 603
Aug 20, 2005
Thank you Jah...I'm so Blessed
I have a love hate relationship with this series...contra 1 and 2 were good then it went to hell after those.

Would of been nice if they bring it to the PSP as well...let everyone get in on the action. I'm all about the spreader gun.

note: Damn why did they change sly and arnold..

Bless

pcypert

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2006
Bangkok
The touch screen could be cool if you could control both guys...like clear an area up top and then touch down below and open up a room or something for the top guy with the bottom and all that. Otherwise the game moves too fast for touch screen antics...
Paul

srobert

macrumors 68020
Jan 7, 2002
I just hope they don't make you use the touch screen. :(

Maybe to select where you want to shoot the grappling hook?

But I agree, "no touch screen" gameplay is better than "half-assed-just-for-the-heck-of-it" touch screen gameplay.

As an example, I'm glad they dropped the touch screen features for the second Castlevania game on the DS.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.