Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nifty_nigel10

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 14, 2004
anyone got any sites that have some really good widgets for konfabulator, apart from the one on the site, any suggestions is appreciated

thanks nigel

nifty_nigel10

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 14, 2004
its in the tiger forum coz its kinda like dashboard, and 696, come on im 14 wot dyu expecct that aint enuf!!

cb911

macrumors 601
Mar 12, 2002
BrisVegas, Australia
yep i think Widget Gallery has all of the widgets.

if you really want to see if you can find others, you could go to Google and start widget hunting. and if you find any make sure you post the links here. :D

cb911

macrumors 601
Mar 12, 2002
BrisVegas, Australia
well... yes, but not for any extended period of time. :p

i've used quite a few widgets, but found them to be taking up too much screen space, and that got annoying after a while so i stopped using them. now i have Menu Calendar for my calendar, MenuMeters, for network, RAM, and CPU monitoring, so there's no need for an IP widget, or network traffic widget, or any of those other system monitor widgets.

however i am using the Flip Clock widget now, in the bottom right hand corner of my screen. i dont' have the time in the menubar, but i do have it from GeekTool (which is displayed in 10pt font) and now FlipClock, which is very cool, but does still get in the way sometimes.

i also did like the Run widget, you could press the hotkey, it would pop up and you just type an app name and it would run it. but it didnt' work for apps on other partitions, so that's pretty much useless for me. but i would have liked it if it was system wide, and had an auto-complete function. that would be awesome. :D

if anyone has found a particularly useful widget, please let us know. :)

cb911

macrumors 601
Mar 12, 2002
BrisVegas, Australia
abc123 said:
drag and drop ftp widget

i have used that widget as well. but it's only good if you want to drop your files in the top directory of the server, right? anyway, when i'm using FTP i'm dropping files in more than one directory...

nifty_nigel10

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 14, 2004
cb911 said:
yep i think Widget Gallery has all of the widgets.

if you really want to see if you can find others, you could go to Google and start widget hunting. and if you find any make sure you post the links here. :D

ah well, if they're all on widget gallery i guess im kinda asking a bit much, but illl give google a go, it'd be great if you could use the gadgets from the dashboarder in konfabulator, or if someone could make a replica of the ones used in tiger, thatd b cool, but if i find anythin on google ill post it here!! ;)

abc123

macrumors 6502
Apr 26, 2004
cb911 said:
i have used that widget as well. but it's only good if you want to drop your files in the top directory of the server, right? anyway, when i'm using FTP i'm dropping files in more than one directory...
i think you can change it but i use it in the place of sending files over aim/msn because i find that it is much less hassle, quick, easy and always works. it really doesn't matter to me that they are in the parent directory, at the end of the week i clear out all the rubbish i uploaded anyway and start again.

toughboy

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2003
Izmir, Turkey
well.. there is a Turkish site called turkmac.com who made a widget to let you learn the content of the site before connecting the site.. I'm sure there are other Mac sites who do the same, and I've seen none of this kind of material in konfabulator site..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.