Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Vado

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 30, 2016
Livingston, United Kingdom
I recently came across these and they look to be new to the market in the UK. I've been waiting for a UK compatible HomeKit Light Switch.

Koogeek One Gang Smart Light Switch - KH01CN
Koogeek Two Gang Smart Light Switch - KH02CN
Koogeek Smart Dimmer Switch - KH03CN

In my Hallway and Kitchen I have two light switches at opposite ends of the room to switch on/off the ceiling lights.

Is it possible to use two of the Two Gang Light Switches in the same setup as I have now in my Kitchen? Then use one of the Two Gang and a One Gang in my Hallway to operate my Hallway lights in the same way as they are now?

How will these work with standard UK electrical back box?

I can't find an answer to these questions anywhere?

Vado

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 30, 2016
Livingston, United Kingdom
As per the faq it’s not supported

Gutted! I've been waiting for suitable HomeKit enabled in-wall light switches for ages. Thought my wait was over, guess not.

I'm just amazed that manufactures haven't got this right yet in the UK. LightwaveRF light switches are dimmers only and don't operate as a traditional on/off switch. These Koogeek switches don't offer 2-way switching, just wish someone would actually take the time and design a product that actually has the right features.

wesley96

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2009
The two-way switching you described is called three-way in the US (confusing, I know) and Leviton smart switches support it. But... there's no UK form factor version. Voltage isn't a problem (I have used them in 220V environments and it is designed to work on 240V), though.

jeff_cook

macrumors newbie
Jul 27, 2018
my US model phone home, making outbound internet connections. Beware! block them with your router.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.