Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Big Stevie

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 20, 2012
UK
Since recently updating my iPhone5 to 9.3.3 I'm finding that it's now quite laggy and when using Safari it randomly quits and takes me to the phones home screen.

Is this common?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Sounds like Safari might be crashing at times. Have you tried clearing all data in Safari (using the options under Settings > Safari) to see if that might help? Perhaps simply restarting the phone might help as well (if you haven't tried that). Also trying something like resetting network settings if not even all settings can sometimes help with things of this nature if nothing else is working.

Big Stevie

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 20, 2012
UK
No ad blocker, and I've tried the on/off reset. I'm going to try clearing data to see if that helps.

Aaaarrrrrggghhh... It's done it again whilst typing this reply!!!

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
No ad blocker, and I've tried the on/off reset. I'm going to try clearing data to see if that helps.

Aaaarrrrrggghhh... It's done it again whilst typing this reply!!!
I doubt it's 9.3 I'm on 9.0.2 and my Safari on both my iPad and iPhone have been lagging like crazy lately. It's so slow at times I'll be typing and it doesn't input what I'm writing until seconds later into the search bar.

How do I fix this crap?

Reactions: Big Stevie

M. Gustave

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2015
Grand Budapest Hotel
I doubt it's 9.3 I'm on 9.0.2 and my Safari on both my iPad and iPhone have been lagging like crazy lately. It's so slow at times I'll be typing and it doesn't input what I'm writing until seconds later into the search bar.

How do I fix this crap?

Maybe stop jailbreaking your devices?

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Oct 14, 2007
Uk
I use AdGuard with safari and I JB and experience no lag or crashing.

I find that a Content Blocker has improved my user experience with Safari.

However I'm using an iPhone 6 Plus which has a little more under the hood than your iPhone 5.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.