Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Anasshm

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 28, 2018
hi I Just switched from Windows to mac Os this week , i have a Macbook air 2015 i5 with 8gb of ram
i got surprised today with how Laggy and terrible scrolling on chrome was especially on Youtube , even though it works buttery smooth on both Safari and Firefox here is a video comparison Safari vs Firefox vs Chrome scrolling :
am i the only one having those problems or all Mac os users have the same problem ?? and is there anything i can do to fix the problem ??

Last edited:

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
You have a few extensions in chrome installed.. Try resetting (Chrome >> Preferences >> Advanced >>> Reset)

speed issue may not happen on all websites, but perhaps something is slowing the browser down...

thewhofan

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2017
I know hardware acceleration can cause lag when scrolling on PC so it might work on Mac. Try switching it either on or off in chrome settings opposite to whatever it is currently set to.

Suspended
Oct 2, 2016
Chrome is laggy on every Mac , you are never going to fix this issue I've been through the same.
What you can do is switch to Safari which has a smoother scrolling.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.