Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tozovac

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 12, 2014
With each "update" of iPadOS 13, I'm finding my screen to become less responsive and often more laggy if not temporarily frozen. I've so far tried:

1. Hard reset
  2. Fully reset/restored from an iCloud backup (after which, to my surprise, I had to reload my iTunes songs and I lost all downloaded movies in the Amazon Prime app)
  3. Cleaned my screen, etc.
Similarly, at times the fingerprint sensor seems not to work, and even pressing the home button repeatedly at the lock screen fails to bring up the passcode entry screen.

This is irksome to no end, on top of randomly losing all opened Safari files way too often (for the first time since debut of the iPad) and noticeably worse battery life than with iOS 12.

Has anyone else had these similar issues and have you done anything about it? I'm tempted to make an appt with the local Apple store and discuss options for pushing for a replacement from my Apple Care+, this is happening so often.

Apple, what happened to trusting your "updates?"

Thanks.

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
Try restoring your iPad using iTunes and setup as new without using your backup. If you have corruption in your software it will be in your backup too. If there's no change you can just restore using your backup and you'll be right back to where your at now. For comparison, my Air2 on 13.3 has none if the issues you describe or even issues with mail or battery performance like most complain about..

fireboy60013

Suspended
Nov 25, 2019
My first generation iPad Pro has none of those issues you complain of except for the random Mail issue but it only affects my work email account so its fine, in fact I think iPadOS is the best and iOS 13 is awesome.

Seanm87

macrumors 68020
Oct 10, 2014
Ive had it a couple of times, nothing major though and it seems to clear up after a few seconds.

Cancelled
Mar 25, 2020
With each "update" of iPadOS 13, I'm finding my screen to become less responsive and often more laggy if not temporarily frozen. I've so far tried:

1. Hard reset
  2. Fully reset/restored from an iCloud backup (after which, to my surprise, I had to reload my iTunes songs and I lost all downloaded movies in the Amazon Prime app)
  3. Cleaned my screen, etc.
Similarly, at times the fingerprint sensor seems not to work, and even pressing the home button repeatedly at the lock screen fails to bring up the passcode entry screen.

This is irksome to no end, on top of randomly losing all opened Safari files way too often (for the first time since debut of the iPad) and noticeably worse battery life than with iOS 12.

Has anyone else had these similar issues and have you done anything about it? I'm tempted to make an appt with the local Apple store and discuss options for pushing for a replacement from my Apple Care+, this is happening so often.

Apple, what happened to trusting your "updates?"

Thanks.
Hello Guys Good News!! (Maybe Atleast for iPad Air 3 owners)
I revived my iPad Air 3 today. Here's what I did

[Disclaimer: If you want to do these things do at your own risk, I am not responsible for anyone's devices getting bricked.Apple advices people not to install Public Betas on your devices]

1)Enroll into apple's beta software program at https://beta.apple.com/sp/betaprogram/

2)Download the iPadOS 13.4.5 Public beta profile and install it.

and BAMM..!!! and all my issues resolved
Back to buttery smooth iPad EXPERIENCE.

Never going to update again.

Hope this helps you guys,
With Love

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.