Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zachlegomaniac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 20, 2008
Can anyone recommend landscape design software that runs on OS X? We use Dynascape at work on PCs, and I downloaded Punch! to my MacBook Pro a couple of years ago, but it was junk IMO.

Would love input.

Thanks.

campyguy

macrumors 68040
Mar 21, 2014
Would love input.
Under $3k, Vectorworks Landmark - almost all of the Mac-based LAs I work with use this app package. I prefer Landmark over AutoCAD (which we also use) with LandFX and/or Keyscape running in the AutoCAD environment.

An alternative is Graphsoft's ArchiCAD WITH the Rik Landscape Pack - keep in mind that ArchiCAD 20 is hitting the streets soon, so pony up for v. 19 only if you have a clear path to a free upgrade...

If you need 2D only, 2D DWG compatibility, and decent editing tools look no further than Dassault Systemes' DRAFTSIGHT. DRAFTSIGHT offers a free version and a "Professional" version, and both versions are regularly updated; the Pro version is currently offering a reduced subscription price (I got the email...) from $299 to $99. IMHO DRAFTSIGHT blows AutoCAD LT back to the stone age...

zachlegomaniac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 20, 2008
Under $3k, Vectorworks Landmark - almost all of the Mac-based LAs I work with use this app package. I prefer Landmark over AutoCAD (which we also use) with LandFX and/or Keyscape running in the AutoCAD environment.

An alternative is Graphsoft's ArchiCAD WITH the Rik Landscape Pack - keep in mind that ArchiCAD 20 is hitting the streets soon, so pony up for v. 19 only if you have a clear path to a free upgrade...

If you need 2D only, 2D DWG compatibility, and decent editing tools look no further than Dassault Systemes' DRAFTSIGHT. DRAFTSIGHT offers a free version and a "Professional" version, and both versions are regularly updated; the Pro version is currently offering a reduced subscription price (I got the email...) from $299 to $99. IMHO DRAFTSIGHT blows AutoCAD LT back to the stone age...

Awesome. Thanks for the detail. I really appreciate it!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.