Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Do you use a lanyard strap on your iPhone?

• Total voters

Pug72

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 18, 2012
England
Does anybody actually attach a lanyard to their iPhone?

It's got to be a tiny minority yet so many brands like to add the holes anyway.
Myself, I don't and am not keen on the holes that might allow undesirable grit between case & phone.

The best compromise I've seen is those that have a sticky pad that attaches to the bottom of the inside of the case and the lanyard attachment pops through the charge port cut out.

Those Nomad cut outs add way too much to the case for something that few will use. Puts me off their cases.

Another one that looks a poor design is the Rebel with the pop out logo. I gather there will be lanyard hole replacement but I wouldn't be comfortable hanging a phone on a pop out part.

Lobwedgephil

Contributor
Apr 7, 2012
I have never seen anyone using a lanyard on their iPhone, but I have also not seen cases for lanyards. I don't see that on Nomad cases that I have seen, guess I could have missed it. What holes are you talking about?

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
I have never seen anyone using a lanyard on their iPhone, but I have also not seen cases for lanyards. I don't see that on Nomad cases that I have seen, guess I could have missed it. What holes are you talking about?
These are the lanyard/strap mounts on the Nomad.

IMG_1810.jpeg

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
And the Mous sling.

IMG_3810.jpeg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.