Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacUser1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 23, 2001
New York, NY
Well, "unfortunately" I managed to fix my Pismo (I was hoping to purchase a new PowerBook in the future). However, I am down to less than a 800 MB on my hard drive. Also, my PowerBook will freeze too frequently. So this leads me to make a stop at the Apple Store in the near future.
I was thinking about just buying a LaCie d2 external hard drive, iSight and some software. However, I might just purchase a new PowerBook (when available) with an iSight and some software. The only problem is that I would probably only use it for a year or so. I have a year left in high school and when I go to college I'll probably use the laptops that the school gives me. Since I have some connections, price is no object. Any suggestions?

MacUser1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 23, 2001
New York, NY
Originally posted by FriarTuck
I suggest that you share with the rest of the class if your connections are so good that price is no object.
just someone in the family that is high up in Apple

hugemullens

macrumors 6502a
Dec 15, 2002
Michigan
what laptops do the schools give out. Northern Michigan University has a program with ibm but they are 333-1ghz celerons that do word and thats about it. freshman get the oldest obviously. so dont just assume they will give you the state of the art, you maybe happier with your own.

MacUser1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 23, 2001
New York, NY
thats a good point, but i already checked that out with a couple of schools that i'm applying to. villanova and bentley offer more than adequate laptops. IBM, P4m, combo drive, DDR, etc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.