Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

davidlw

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 19, 2008
I have has one of my Mac laptops stolen. It was synced to Mobile Me and I am afraid that the thief will have constant access to my information. Is there any way to shut the thief off thru Mobile me? Does Mobile Me show each device that is connected to it? He will have my info for my desktop, iPhone, and another laptop if I cannot shut him off. Please help.

d21mike

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2007
Torrance, CA
I have has one of my Mac laptops stolen. It was synced to Mobile Me and I am afraid that the thief will have constant access to my information. Is there any way to shut the thief off thru Mobile me? Does Mobile Me show each device that is connected to it? He will have my info for my desktop, iPhone, and another laptop if I cannot shut him off. Please help.
Change you Password on MobileMe is a good start.

davidlw

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 19, 2008
Other than changing my password on Mobile Me is there anything else that I can do? Thanks for the suggestion, I did change my password at your advise.

d21mike

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2007
Torrance, CA
If it was an iPhone or iPad then you could of done a remote wipe to clear the device. But for a laptop I don't know of another way to prevent continued access. Maybe some one else will have more ideas.

Sorry for your lost laptop.

davidlw

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 19, 2008
Well with the password change they cannot get any new info only the information that is on the laptop. Thanks for your concern.
David

IgnatiusTheKing

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2007
Texas
After you've changed your password, you can go into the MobileMe in System Preferences, click the Sync tab, then click Advanced. There you will see a list of computers currently synced to your MobileMe account. Delete the stolen computer from the list.

Another thing to consider is (if you have Back to My Mac activated on the stolen computer), watch/wait for the computer to appear in your Finder sidebar, under Shared. When it does, log into it, share the screen, open Photo Booth remotely and take a picture of the thief. Then take that picture to the cops.

Just a thought.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.