Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AlphaTech

macrumors 601
Oct 4, 2001
Natick, MA
Unknown... Except that you know, or at least reasonably so, that if it comes from an authorized reseller that they are not units that 'fell off the truck' so to speak. The same with buying memory from a company that has a posted policy about memory. I had a little problem with the upgrade I picked up over the weekend, but was able to get it all ironed out yesterday. The salesman sold me the incorrect chip for the upper slot. They took back that one, and I was able to get the correct one. No restocking fee, just the difference in price ($21 to be exact). :D

With the authorized reseller, you have a valid paper trail to follow. I believe that if you purchase it from one of them, and they go under, you can still get support. This might be true either way, but it gives you the security feeling (that warm fuzzy that comes with getting a new Mac system :D) that just can't be matched from getting a peecee.

I want a terraflop system next.. :D I wonder how long before Apple has those.

Onyxx

macrumors regular
May 5, 2001
Originally posted by krossfyter
128 gigaflops!

nah i hear ya man.

say umm alpha tech, what if one buys a powerbook from a retailer that is not apple authorized and in the event that something happens to the powerbook how can one get it fixed???

quick question

i'm pretty sure that all new apple products (as well as apple refurbs) have an apple care card or some other piece of paper in with the product info. This card entitles you to a limited warranty and the option of purchasing the applecare extended warranty. This was the case with my pb G3 but i purchased it from macmall.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.