Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ljonesj

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 20, 2009
Kingsport TN
my late 09 mac mini is showing a 3rd display called vga display and when i mirror it only lets me have 1024*768 i was wondering how can i get rid of it i am thinking it came from an app for my ipod touch that lets u have a part of ur macs display on it but i cant get rid of it of the vga still even after i removed the app

ljonesj

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 20, 2009
Kingsport TN
weird display i have a 3rd display even thou one is not hooked up

bump

like it says i have 3 displays showing up in the display pane even thou only 2 are hooked up one by mini display to vga adapter and the other mini dvi to dvi then dvi to hdmi adapter for a hdtv

i had a program that idisplay that lets ipads and ipod touches act like a display i am thinking it caused the problem so i removed it but it still shows a 3 display and it is only letting me when i mirror the displays only have 1024*768 as its the lowest resolution screen i want to remove that 3rd display how do i do it please

ljonesj

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 20, 2009
Kingsport TN
yeah i finaly figured it out it was idisplay and it left 2 config files in library that finaly got rid of and sorry for the typign my carpal tunnel is acting up so my fingers are not moving right

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.