Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Panicman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 12, 2023
Hello!

I'm running Mojave and wasn't planning on any new OS upgrades to not brick my Mini, but apps I need are not working and support seems to have been pulled for Mojave.

What OS systems could I install on Mac Mini (Late 2014), processor 1.4 GHz Intel Core i5, Memory 4 GB 1600 MHZ DDR3, Graphics Intel HD Graphics 5000 1536 MB

I watch Youtube videos, browse news, write on Libre Office and collect cat pics. And use internet banking and occasional net order.

With this usage, can I install Big Sur or Monterey or should I just try with Catalina?

apostolosdt

macrumors 6502
Dec 29, 2021
Just what BeatCrazy said, Monterey. I use it on my Mini 2014, which is a bit better in specs than yours, but I'm still cautious with what apps I run.

Rich B22

macrumors regular
Jul 24, 2019
Hello!

I'm running Mojave and wasn't planning on any new OS upgrades to not brick my Mini, but apps I need are not working and support seems to have been pulled for Mojave.

What OS systems could I install on Mac Mini (Late 2014), processor 1.4 GHz Intel Core i5, Memory 4 GB 1600 MHZ DDR3, Graphics Intel HD Graphics 5000 1536 MB

I watch Youtube videos, browse news, write on Libre Office and collect cat pics. And use internet banking and occasional net order.

With this usage, can I install Big Sur or Monterey or should I just try with Catalina?
Agree to go with Monterey. Don't even consider Catalina as that was a hot mess in stability, at least for me on a 2017 iMac

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.