Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Do you notice bluetooth troubles with the latest iOS beta?

• Yes

Votes: 34 45.9%
  • No

Votes: 40 54.1%

• Total voters

arniesilver

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 16, 2016
I got a bunch of bluetooth issues with my iPhone 6s after upgrading with the latest beta.

- My Garmin Vivosmart fail to pair (even it shows as connected under my devices).
- iGrill do not pair
- In my speaker docking station, it fail to detect my headset

Anyone else with similar problems?

Vexxx

macrumors regular
Oct 19, 2014
I use bluetooth only with my tomtom multisport and it is working fine.

nsblum

macrumors regular
May 18, 2015
Puyallup, WA
It is possible that Apple updated its Bluetooth and the makers of those devices need to update. This is a beta after all. Have you notified the makers of the devices/apps?

jtwlbz

macrumors 6502a
Dec 23, 2014
Most of time working fine with audi. But sometimes cant connect where i have to toggle bt. Not stable

plmohan

macrumors newbie
Jan 19, 2016
It does seem to break the Bluetooth audio but not the phone call, when I connect it to the USB port on my Primus. If I unplug it the Bluetooth audio and the phone call routing work just fine. Something tells me it has to do with the CarPlay support in 9.3. Hope Apple fixes it before the public release.

nerdriot

macrumors regular
May 16, 2015
The main issue I've noticed is with my Bluetooth headset. Calls work fine, but if I press the power button on my iPhone, it disconnects the call. No idea why.

I can't recreate the issue on my iPad Air though.

Reactions: QuarterSwede

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Really annoying issue. I realize it's a beta, but bluetooth has been around for what 100 years

If things like this really annoy you, then why even install betas? You obviously can't handle the ups and downs of a beta. Things can stop working for 1-2 builds all the time. That is the risk you take. 9.0 beta 2 crashed Settings app when trying to change sounds. Sound has been around since the dawn of time, how dare Apple break sounds for 2 weeks!!!

stulaw11

Suspended
Jan 25, 2012
If things like this really annoy you, then why even install betas? You obviously can't handle the ups and downs of a beta. Things can stop working for 1-2 builds all the time. That is the risk you take. 9.0 beta 2 crashed Settings app when trying to change sounds. Sound has been around since the dawn of time, how dare Apple break sounds for 2 weeks!!!
Agree there are far fat too many people who irresponsibly install the betas and then wonder why there are bugs or that it shouldnt be installed on your main device you need daily.

This is why I've always though public betas were a bad idea. The public can't comprehend it or read.

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Agree there are far fat too many people who irresponsibly install the betas and then wonder why there are bugs or that it shouldnt be installed on your main device you need daily.

This is why I've always though public betas were a bad idea. The public can't comprehend it or read.

I personally install the betas on my main device (because it's my only device that runs iOS) but understand the potential issues and am not bother by them. I actually enjoy the process. If something happened that was so distruptive to my daily use I simply would revert back (which is super easy to do and no restore required) or I would live with it knowing a new build isn't far around the corner (1-2 weeks)

I don't get so high strung over a device or its software like some have displayed over various threads.

I don't think having a public program is the issue. It gives any company a much broader test and more feedback than internal/developer only testing. It's the people who sign up who just want "early access" and nothing else.

stulaw11

Suspended
Jan 25, 2012
I personally install the betas on my main device (because it's my only device that runs iOS) but understand the potential issues and am not bother by them. I actually enjoy the process. If something happened that was so distruptive to my daily use I simply would revert back (which is super easy to do and no restore required) or I would live with it knowing a new build isn't far around the corner (1-2 weeks)

I don't get so high strung over a device or its software like some have displayed over various threads.

I don't think having a public program is the issue. It gives any company a much broader test and more feedback than internal/developer only testing. It's the people who sign up who just want "early access" and nothing else.

Well yeh it's on my main device too but I realize stuff may be broken. Not starting "OMG" threads as if shockingly something doesnt work in a beta though.

Unfortunately it's the small number of people who as you said want early access but don't know enough to be running it to begin with. Beta is still beta as the dev build is the same as the public.

Reactions: ohio.emt

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ

This. Right. Here.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.