Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aliensporebomb

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 19, 2005
Minneapolis, MN, USA, Urth
Okay, I had a somewhat large-ish amount of movies in my library - usually things I filmed of my cat (one of which who died so there's sentimental value there) or youtube videos I downloaded or in one case the print of the film I scored a few years ago. Plus some guitar lesson videos I was referring to during practice.

I copied several of these to my phone for later viewage but now I notice the movies and tv section of itunes is literally empty and none of that data appears to be stored on the system anymore.

Not to mention it appears you can't just copy these over to the phone anymore it appears. I realize there's a third party "drop a movie to your phone" app but I see Apple is doing the "remove functionality" thing again.

Anyone find a way around this?

I suppose I have to dig in my itunes library to see if those movie files are still there.

Beerstalker

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2011
Peoria, IL
Did you check under "home videos" or whatever the other option is called? I find that updating iTunes will sometimes ignore the tags on the files and put them back in that section if they aren't Movies/TV shows that were downloaded from iTunes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.