Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xenoako

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 30, 2021
Most of posts here have at least ordered second choice bands with SB Ti yet earliest delivery is Nov 2.

I take it that those who want Ti SB with whatever band will not find such at Apple stores on launch, yes?

xenoako

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 30, 2021
The lack of information prior to the launch and the delayed connection put many of us at a disadvantage.
I got caught like this with the last iPad Pro, but recovered on the day of launch by ordering that morning and running into the Apple store. I was even able to do my trade-in two or so days later.
Judging by the posts on this forum with Nov 2 - 9 still the goal for SB Ti must mean Apple has confidence that sufficient supply will eventually turn up in the pipeline.

Reactions: Dwalls90

Lobwedgephil

Contributor
Apr 7, 2012
I am in the November camp, but last year my store had launch day stock. May check, but will probably just wait, no hurry.

Reactions: xDKP

BrettDS

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2012
Orlando
I’ve got a store pickup for 10/15 for natural titanium. I got my confirmation email at 8:06 eastern. I was actually wanting to do delivery, but when I ordered I had the choice of Nov 2-9 delivery or 10/15 in store. Also surprising was the fact that 10:00AM was the earliest appointment time. Crazy that things were getting pushed back like that 6 minutes into preorders.

Reactions: PaladinGuy

garethjs

macrumors 65816
Nov 11, 2008
I ordered the SS and then decided to go black Ti for a change and now its not even letting me order lol without a time frame.

Reactions: chefwong

ElDuderino91

macrumors regular
Jul 31, 2020
Ordered al midnight first. Because it looks more blue than black I then ordered a SS graphite for in store pick up October 15. But I’m really not sure about the glossy shiny finish as I am more the matte understatement type… So I now ordered a space black titanium with estimated delivery between November 3rd - 10th… It is just 50€ more… I have no I idea what I should do now…

m5h

macrumors newbie
Aug 5, 2021
I know we all have our delivery estimates but I’ve found that in the past Apple has delivered well before the estimate. How likely is it the case here?

m5h

macrumors newbie
Aug 5, 2021
Ordered al midnight first. Because it looks more blue than black I then ordered a SS graphite for in store pick up October 15. But I’m really not sure about the glossy shiny finish as I am more the matte understatement type… So I now ordered a space black titanium with estimated delivery between November 3rd - 10th… It is just 50€ more… I have no I idea what I should do now…
I also ordered a graphite ss model, after ordering ti, because it had a quicker ETA. Discovered that it may potentially not have dlc coating, which was a dealbreaker for me. Sticking with the ti even if it takes longer :)

Brookzy

macrumors 601
May 30, 2010
UK
Titanium models were available for October 15 pickup from two London Apple Stores, though I was too slow.

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
For Ti, I've only seen late October and not launch day. I was in the app at 8:01 (when it went live, since it did not at 8:00), and 10/22 was the earliest date I saw. Of course the app froze up and then I got stuck with 11/2, which seems to be where the majority of folks landed.

I'm sure there was/will be some launch day stock, but compared to prior launches, it looks like the real inventory chunk won't be available until late Oct/early Nov.

October 26-28th delivery here as well. I was promised my delivery may change to October 18th. Only a few ones was able to obtain an October delivery for Titanium Apple Watch. Very limited availability.

72CC07E5-42F7-4548-9196-75A59E0B02E8.jpeg

Reactions: alexcue

xenoako

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 30, 2021
I have the natural 41mm ti coming on Oct 15th. I knew what I wanted and checked out at 5:02 PDT
By 'knew what you wanted' does that mean you were able to calculate the configurations were bands would be available for launch day delivery? From other reports, your advantages seem to include going natural and getting 41 mm.

xenoako

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 30, 2021
Natural Ti models had better available than space black Ti models.
Okay, yet I got a 7:05 am email confirmation for my original order - natural Ti with midnight leather link - and yet delivery was already Nov 2 - 9. (Meant to order SB so I had to cancel and start over, but still stuck with same dates.)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.