Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fuadik88

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 4, 2020
Baku
Hello, I'm going to buy Macbook in about 3 months, I'll do a lot of education and work on it, but also I'm thinking to play League of Legends only. Can I play this game on my macbook? It's first time I'm going to macbook and totally not familiar with it. I have computer knowledge that I'll do good things in short time but I need to know I can play or not. Thanks.

fuadik88

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 4, 2020
Baku
I heard that people play windows games by running windows through a thing called "bootcamp", I don't have much information, I'm interested only in League of Legends. Any method to play is appreciated.

Note: I'm not set to high-spec gaming, I don't need to challenge my macbook. I still have my 2009 model terrible low-end pc since 10 years. I've played every games on low-end setting as my pc can handle. Medium settings will be enough for me.

Last edited:

Plutonius

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2003
New Hampshire, USA
I heard that people play windows games by running windows through a thing called "bootcamp", I don't have much information, I'm interested only in League of Legends. Any method to play is appreciated.

Note: I'm not set to high-spec gaming, I don't need to challenge my macbook. I still have my 2009 model terrible low-end pc since 10 years. I've played every games on low-end setting as my pc can handle. Medium settings will be enough for me.

Essentially, bootcamp sets up part of your hard drive and dedicates it to windows. You then need to load a copy of Windows on the drive.

Unless you can get bootcamp to run on an external drive, you will probably lose up to half your current hard drive space and you will need to spend money on a copy of Windows.

My recommendation is to replace your current Windows computer with a cheap newer Windows computer that can run "League of Legends".

Reactions: fuadik88

timidpimpin

Suspended
Nov 10, 2018
Cascadia
LoL will play fine on a C2D from 2009, so you're good. It's a very very low requirement game. And there is a Mac version. No need for Boot Camp.

timidpimpin

Suspended
Nov 10, 2018
Cascadia
It might be a little more difficult than that.

League of Legends does not support MacOS after Mojave since the game is 32 bit.

If the OP buys a new Mac, it will have at least Catalina on it and will not be able to run the game.
Fair enough, but this option below is still better than boot camp.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.